There’s a lot of news this week! I’m quite overwhelmed by the number not reported in popular drama blogs.
- Jang Geun Suk and his manager got into a minor driving accident on the way to Seoul, last April 29. Despite his injuries, the decided to go back to filming so as not to delay the tight schedule of production.
- Park Yoochun also got into an accident last April 26, before the Baeksang Awards. He hasn’t even got himself checked because of drama shooting. Wow, two actors in a minor accident. I think that really should really do something about those filming schedules.
- Again on Park Yoochun: he got received an enlistment letter that required him to report to military training but he is diagnosed chronic asthma. Instead of military training, he will serve as public service personnel.
- SNSD’s Seohyun has been named the official Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Pavillion’s “Expo 2012 Yeosu Korea”. She’s very happy to be able to work with her long-time idol, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon!
- A follow-up on the TaeTiSeo unit, their mini album reached #126 on the Billboard 200 chart within 40 hours of release. Congrats!
- Yoo Seung Ho (Operation Proposal) will be making a special appearance in Arang and The Magistrate as the Jade King.
- Kwon Sang-woo (Pain, Daemul) and Su Ae (Thousand Day Promise) are in talks to possibly star in Yawang or Queen of Ambition. It’s about a woman who’s so dirt-poor but she manages to pull herself out of poverty and starts to dream big, deciding one day that she’s going to become the First Lady. (read more)
- Korean idol G.O of boy band MBLAQ has confirmed his place in the cast of Ghost, taking on the challenge of his first full-time acting role.
- Song Yoon-ha, formerly known as Kim Byeol (Mighty Chil-woo, Helpless) will also be joining Ghost as a newbie reporter.
- MBC’s upcoming drama Can’t Live Without You, casts Park Yoo-hwan (Thousand Day Promise, K-POP: The Ultimate Survival) who will be playing Min Do, an aspiring movie director who meets Doctor Ji Soo (Park Sun Young (Immortal Classic, Crime Squad)), and marries her.
- Nice Guy will be premiering on August in KBS. In addition, Kwang Soo (City Hunter, Bachelor’s Vegetable Store) has been cast as the clumsy college student best friend of Song Joong-ki, named Park Jae-gul (role will still be confirmed).
- Eun Ji-won (1 Night, 2 Days) will be joining tvN’s new sitcom entitled Answer me 1997 (read more)
- Song Sun Mi (Personal Taste) will appear as a significant veteran nurse in the external injury team of the emergency room for upcoming medical drama Golden Time.
- Jo Seung-woo (War of the Flowers, Doctor Zivago: The Musical) will be appearing in his first drama. It will be a MBS saeguk entitled Enchanted. It’s about the life of a horse vet who moved upwards to a royal physician. It will be produced by PD-writer duo Lee Byeong-hoon and Kim I-yeong of Dong Yi.
- Upcoming movie, Running Man tells the story of a car engineer, played by Shin Ha Gyun (Front Line, Brain), who is chased by unidentified men after he learns of the nation’s top secret information. Lee Min Ho (The Moon that Embraces the Sun, Rooftop Prince) will be playing his son.
- Film actor Yoo Ji Tae (Midnight FM, Secret Love) has been casted to play the role of legendary tenor singer Bae Jae Chul for film The Tenor – Lirico Spinto (read more)
- Josh Brolin (Men in Black) will be starring in an American adaptation of Park Chan-wook‘s Old Boy. (read more)