- Kim Bum will be making his official Japanese music debut in June.
- Lee Min Ho is the next Hallyu star whose popularity just shot up in Japan thanks to his last two dramas, City Hunter and Personal Taste.
- Jung Ryeo Won was invited to have dinner with Denmark’s Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary at the Shilla Hotel in Seoul on May 14. Her fluency in English made it easy for the actress and the special guests to communicate.
- 2PM’s Taecyeon broke his arm while arm-wrestling other 2PM members at his hotel in Japan. I just find this really funny and really shows how close they are.
- Popular girl-group 2NE1 celebrated their three anniversary last May 17.
- Chun Jung Myung, also known as PIE (The Duo, Man of Honor) has started filming his upcoming C-drama with Ivy Chen (Skip Beat) tentatively called Protecting the Family.
- PD Choi Jae Hyung has returned filming variety program 1 Night 2 Days after joining the labor union strike. The show has witnessed major drops in viewer rating due to the lack of new episodes for the past weeks.
- Nam Ji Hyun (Warrior Baek Soo, Queen Seon Duk) is part of MBC’s new daily drama Can’t Live Without You. She will play the role of pleasant Kim Eun Duk, an orphan who has lost her parents, and begins to like Kim Chi Do (Do Ji Han), the son of caregiver Jang In Ja (Kim Hae Sook).
- Additional cast members for Arang are Han Jung-soo (Chuno, Poseidon) and Kwon Oh-joong (The Duo, Gourmet). Their roles are a mystical “guardian angel” and Lee Jun-ki’s manservant respectively.
- INFINITE’s Hoya has confirmed for tvN’s Respond 1997, which will also feature other artists such as Seo In Guk, Eun Ji Won, Jung Eunji, Sung Dong Il, and more. It is a situational comedy , and the backdrop is the entertainment industry in the 1990′s.
- Korean-Chinese-Japanese collaborative drama Stranger 6 will be aired in Channel A on May 30. MBC originally was in the talks of getting this but I guess it opted for cable. The drama is of blockbuster spy action genre, portraying lives of special agents in the near future at a secret joint-operation organization “Korea-China-Japan Economic Community” trying to prevent a gigantic earthquake predicted to occur in the next three months and fighting against a mysterious individual who tries to interfere with the operation and assassinate the agents. The drama was previously aired on Japan’s Fuji TV and WOWOW TV.
- Haeundae Lovers, a rom-com to set to follow Big. All that’s known is the screenwriter was the one behind City Hunter. I’m guessing it’ll be a love story set in Busan. Can’t Wait to find out the premise.
- Big Bang’s T.O.P will make his return to the big screen through “Classmate,” (also known as Alumni) a blockbuster movie about the son of a North Korean spy who becomes a teenage undercover spy in order to protect his younger sister when their dad gets framed for something.