- Jang Geun Suk and Yoona showed their appreciation to all the 120 Love Rain production staff with gift certificates worth over 36 million won (approx. $30,000 USD), and shopping bags full of vitamins respectively. They both wanted to thank all the staff who worked so hard for the entire drama series.
- Yeon Jung Hoon announced on Show King that he and his beautiful wife, Han Ga In have plans for children. Yun revealed, “My wife Han Ga In wanted to complete a benchmark film before she became a mother. Due to her recent success in dramas and films, I wanted us to conceive the baby in 2013 and have it born the following year as the horse Chinese zodiac, just like me.”
- Go Soo (Will It Snow On Christmas?) is still reviewing the offer for SBS’s historical drama The Great Seer (also known as Dae Poong Soo). It’s about a politically powerful scholars’ scheme to overthrow the existing empire in the late Goryeo dynasty and found Joseon dynasty with hero Lee Sung Kye has the new king.
- SBS is preparing a historical called Biography of Yi Sun-shin for next year. This is the first drama about Yi Sun-shin since the KBS 1TV historical Immortal Admiral Yi Sun-shin 8 years ago.
- Kwon Sang-woo (Pain, Daemul) and Su Ae (Thousand Day Promise) have confirmed to star in Yawang. It’s slated for a 24 episode run later in the year.
- Joo Ji-hoon (Mawang) confirmed to star in SBS’s 50-episode melodrama Five Fingers, from the makjang hit-makers behind A Wife’s Temptation and Temptation of Angels. He had problems earlier due to his drug case back in 2009 is causing a bad reaction from Korean netizens that the ban from the Big 3 broadcaster to un-blacklist him might have taken longer.
- Upcoming weekend drama May Queen has cast Jae Hee (Color of Woman) as its hero. The drama is a success story of a woman in the shipbuilding industry during Korea’s modernization. Kim Yoo-jung (The Moon That Embraces the Sun) has has also joined the cast as Han Ji-hye’s child counterpart. The 32-episode drama follows Dr. Jin and premieres in August on MBC.
- Upcoming KBS drama Haeundae Lovers will follow Big. It is named for that famous stretch of city-on-beach in Busan, It is also the next rom-com project about a detective on the organized crime task force is chasing down a gang when something happens to make him lose his memory. He ends up wandering through Haeundae and somehow finds himself entangled in that same gang’s criminal activities. from writer Hwang Eun-kyung (City Hunter and New Heart). The show is currently courting Ji Sung (Protect the Boss).
- Korean Hana Kimi adaptation, To A Beautiful You completes its cast. Playing the main leads are f(x)‘s Sulli and SHINee‘s Minho, while second leads are Lee Hyun Woo (Equator Man), and Kim Ji Won (What’s Up). Also joining the cast is Infinite‘s L, ZE:A‘s Hwang Kang Hee, Ki Tae Young, and Ko So Young. Beautiful You premieres in August on SBS following Ghost.
- An addition to KBS’s Nice Guy is Lee Kwang-soo (Bachelor’s Vegetable Store). He plays a character from a prominent wealthy family with an outstanding education although his pure nature gets him taken advantage of often.
- Kim Hee Sun is favorably viewing the offer to appear on Running Man‘s 100th special episode.
- 26 years casts Han Hye-jin (Thorn Birds), Jin Gu (Moby Dick), and idol singer Im Seul-ong (Personal Taste) in a story about the 1980 Gwangju Massacre, investigated 26 years after the fact. The film is based on a popular webtoon of the same name, and will be PD Jo Geun-hyun’s first foray in directing.