- Queen In Hyun’s Man‘s Yoo In Na and Ji Hyun Woo finally confirmed their relationship. After Hyun Woo’s public declaration, they were spotted having a midnight stroll in a park together where she declared that they’ll now be doing Yoo In Na’s Man.
- Lee Jun Hyuk met the press and fans outside the army base in Uijeongbu on June 19, to bid farewell before reporting for active duty.
- OCN’s criminal investigation thriller TEN will be back for its second season! OCN confirmed that they will start to produce and air the second season early next year. Not only director Lee Seung Young, but all main cast will join again. The drama’s success was confirmed with an award during 2012 Cable TV Awards last May from Korean Cable TV Association. The judging panel was impressed by TEN’s tight-plot composition and its beautiful cinematography.
- Choi Soo Jong (The President) will make a comeback to the world of historical dramas this summer in The King’s Dream. Joining him is CSJH The Grace’s Lina where she will portray Kim Moon Hee, the second wife of the king. This drama’s main plotline will involve a king who is working hard to achieve the goal of uniting the Three Kingdoms politically. This drama is an 80-episode series that will air on September 8th on KBS1.
- Nam Goong-min (Can You Hear my Heart?) joins City Conquest. He will take on the role of Cha Ji-ryong who conflicts between hate and ambition after losing his mother due to his father but is ever so caring in front of the female who reminds him of his mother.
- Choi Siwon (Extravagant Challenge) is part of the upcoming C-drama called Fall in Love with You Again co-starring Yuan Hong, and Wang Luo Dan.
- Haeundae Lovers has secured its hero in Kim Kang-woo (Story of a Man). The drama is also courting Jo Yeo-jung (I Need Romance) for the female lead, though she’s unconfirmed and “still considering” the role. (read more)
- More cast additions to upcoming sageuk The Great Seer. Prior to earlier news, Eugene will not be lead instead the part went to Kim So-yeon (Dr.Champ). Her character will be a healer, someone who is bold when it comes to protecting her beliefs and her love. She is tied to the king’s destiny, but she falls in love with the seer. Our antagonist is Song Chang-eui (Syndrome) who has been cast as Go Soo’s nemesis. He plays a man of great influence, who has studied all the divination texts, and challenges Go Soo’s character at every turn.
- jTBC’s latest drama My Dear You premiered last June 20. Headlining this drama are Kim Min Jun (Romance Town) and Park Sol Mi (Merchant Kim Man Deok). My Dear You based on a novel by famous Japanese writer , Hisashi Nozawa. The story will center on a woman who just married and tries to derail from her marriage because she can’t forget her past lover.
- Choi Min Soo (Happy Ending) and Ahn Nae Sang (God’s Quiz Season 3) will appear in MBC’s weekend drama series May Queen.
- Gong Yoo is looking into the movie project Suspect favorably, however, nothing has been determined. The crime thriller film is about a North Korean defector who becomes the main suspect in a murder case. He sets out to catch the real murderer and clear his name.