- Yoon Eun Hye came back from volunteering in Madagascar. On June 25, she wrote on her twitter, “I safely completed it well and returned. Mother Nature’s lovely Madagascar. Inside though, truly loving children are hurt and suffering everyday because of hunger. I pray that blessing and helping hands will overflow from that place.” It’s nice to know she’s helping out when she has no dramas.
- The 1000th Man is MBC’s first series in seven years to air on Friday. The plot is about A fox with nine tails has devoured the livers from 999 men. She tries to get one more man’s liver, who really likes the fox with nine tails. Lee Cheon-hee (Take Care of Us, Captain) has been cast to play the male lead. He will portray a terminally ill restaurant owner who is described as a cold-hearted business man.
- Park Shin Hye (Heartstrings) is making her television return in mid-July starring in an one episode drama special called Don’t Worry, I’m a Ghost. She will co-stars movie and stage actor Bong Tae Gyu. He plays a man who’s hospitalized and wakes up with no memory. He then meets a cheerful ghost and falls in love with her.
- Haeundae Lovers just added Jung Seok-won (Rooftop Prince, Ojakkyo Brothers) to the mix. He’ll challenge the hero for the affections of the mobster’s daughter. His character is a cold and ambitious lawyer, hotel vice president, and diplomat. His driving force behind the takeover of a hotel in Haeundae, Busan, is to win Daddy’s recognition
- More additions to Haeundae Lovers with Nam Gyu Ri (49 Days) and T-ARA’s Soyeon. No word on Nam’s character but Soyeon has been cast as the playful and charming character, Lee Kwan Soon, a close dongseng of Jo Yeo Jeong‘s character.
- Another T-ARA member, Eunjung may have a small screen appearance in Five Fingers. Nothing if confirmed yet but if she does decide to join the series, she will take on the role of Hong Dami, Yoo Ji Sang’s (Joo Ji Hoon) love interest. She loses her father in a fire accident, which puts her family in a financial struggle. As such, Dami gives up on her dreams of becoming a pianist and finds work at a local salon.
Five Fingers will replace A Gentleman’s Dignity on SBS this August.
- It’s amazing how this week’s news has a lot of connection with one another. Anyway, Ji Chang Wook (Bachelor’s Vegetable Store) will take on his first antagonist role in upcoming SBS drama Five Fingers. He will play the scheming villain Yoo In Ha, who’s the dashing second-generation chaebol who’s jealous of his naturally gifted older brother Yoo Ji Sang (Joo Ji Hoon).
- Jung Yumi (Rooftop Prince) has been cast in City Conquest for the role of Lee Dan-bi, who is described as a jewelry designer who dreams of the simplest truths.
- Bridal Mask is in the talks for a 4-episode extension.
- Choi Ji Woo (Can’t Lose) will be in her first Chinese drama in 9 years. City’s Lovers is the story about the love story between a female CEO and a new male employee.
- Classmate, which is being headlined by T.O.P gets its two leading ladies. Han Ye Ri (Korea, Road No.1) will play one of his classmates named Hye-in, whom Myeong-hoon falls in love with. In addition to the pair’s cast, child actress Kim Yoo Jung (May Queen, The Moon that Embraces the Sun) has been set to portray Myeong-hoon’s younger sister in the melodramatic action film.