- Won Bin (The Man from Nowhere) is rumored to be considering a Noh Hee Kyung (Padam Padam)‘s upcoming drama. Kim Tae Hee (My Princess) is a possible candidate for leading lady.
- Upcoming KBS weekend drama My Daughter So Young is about about the relationship between a father and a daughter. It will be directed by Yoo Hyeon-gi (Brain) while screenplay is done by So Hyeon-kyeong (49 Days). So far, MBLAQ’s Lee Joon (I Need a Fairy) has been cast as the main character’s younger brother.
- There is an upcoming 2013 KBS saeguk is a 20 episode drama on the first fire fighter in the Joseon Times.
- A Gentleman’s Dignity has already been put on hold for one week while SBS has been broadcasting Olympics coverage instead, but they recently announced that there will be another pre-emption, bringing another week of waiting before finale week rolls around next weekend.
- FT Island’s Lee Hong Ki (You’re Beautiful) was cast for the film tentatively called Our Heaven. It will be about a top star who’s considered a troublemaker to society. One day he ends up doing community service at a hospice and after he meets the patients there he learns about the importance of life and music. The film will begin filming in September, and will be released in 2013.
- Joseon-era historical epic The Face Reader stars Song Kang-ho as a Joseon-era physiognomist/phrenologist, a reader of faces to tell people’s fortunes and characteristics. Jo Jung-seok (The King 2 Hearts) has signed on to play Song Kang-ho’s brother-in-law. Lee Jung-jae as Prince Suyang, aka second son of King Sejong the Great, and central figure in a ruthless coup d’état to become King Sejo of Joseon. Kim Hye-soo as a gisaeng. The writer/director Han Jae-rim (Elegant World, The Purpose of Love, and Natural City). The Face Reader plans to begin shooting by the end of August for a release next year.
- Yoon Sang-hyun (Can’t Lose) and Park Ha-sun (High Kick 3) are headlining a romantic comedy film called Tone-Deaf Clinic. It’s about a woman who’s determined to conquer her terrible tone-deaf singing to win over the man of her dreams. (read more)