Lots of news for once, especially on possible fall-winter dramas.
The car slipped in rain and rolled over. Soyeon was transported to a hospital in Seoul soon after the accident occurred.
- Lee Seung Gyu who recently starred in weekend drama God of War, was involved in a motorcycle accident and succumbed to his injuries when authorities arrived. He died on the spot on the night of August 11. That night, the actor was on his way home after watching the Olympic soccer game between Korea and Japan. Unfortunately, while he was driving in Anyang, he turned at a corner and he lost control of his motorcycle resulting in his head hitting a guard rail.
- Gong Hyo Jin and Ryu Seung Bum announced their split after a 10 year-relationship. They actually broke up last April but only formally announced it now to let the former couple have time for their selves.
- Conflicting reports have been coming out regarding Lee Seung Gi’s enlistment date but it is confirmed that Lee Seung Gi will enlist in Korean Army in the second half of next year. He does not want to join the military’s entertainment unit, but wants to serve as a regular soldier. The Korean military’s PR department probably wants him too, but it’s very likely that Lee Seung Gi will take the regular soldier position instead.
- Upcoming SBS series slated to follow Five Fingers, Cheongdam-dong Alice is courting Moon Geun-young (Cinderella’s Sister) for the lead role. It’s based on an original novel, Cheongdam-dong Audrey, written by author Lee Hye-kyung. The plot revolves around a heroine who makes knock-offs of designer wear, her ultimate goal being to open an internet shopping mall. Park Shi Hoo (The Princess’ Man) is also reportedly in the talks and considering taking on the male lead.
- Seo In-gook (Answer Me 1997) has been cast in the new MBC weekend drama Rascal Sons, slated for a September release. It’s about one big family, many sons. The other cast members include Na Mun-hee (Padam Padam), Park In-hwan (Only You), Lee Sung-jae (Poseidon), and Myung Se-bin (Goong S). Directing is PD Kim Kyung-hee of Gloria, and writing is Kim Ji-soo of Scarlet Letter.
- Go Soo who was originally cast in the lead role as the great seer in The Great Seer. He had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. Ji Sung will be taking over the role of Ji Sang. Meanwhile, Lee Yoon-ji (The King 2 Hearts) joins the cast as a woman with a complicated past who ends up being the mother of a future king.
- My Love, Madame Butterfly has just cast its leading lady in Yeom Jung-ah (Royal Family). Her character Nabi was once a top star, whose iffy acting ability was overlooked thanks to her beauty and killer fashion sense, which afforded her immense popularity. However, the tide started to change when she got caught up in numerous incidents damaging her image. She lost all that favor, plus people started to notice her acting. Up sprang an army of 100,000 anti-fans. So that’s Past Nabi, formerly famous, now infamous. The drama follows her when she, as a new bride, moves in with her in-laws and becomes part of their family. My Love, Madame Butterfly airs on weekends on SBS following Delicious Life. It aims for an October premiere.
- Noh Hee-kyung’s newest project, a drama entitled That Winter, The Wind Blows, is zeroing on Song Hye-gyo (Worlds Within) and Jo In-sung (Spring Days) to play the leads. The story is a remake of the Japanese drama I Don’t Need Love, Summer which has already had one Korean film remake starring Moon Geun-young and Kim Joo-hyuk in 2006, called I Don’t Need Love. That Winter, The Wind Blows plans to broadcast early next year.
- Upcoming movie Joseon Trio of Beauties is about three beautiful secret agents in the Joseon era. Ha Ji-won (King 2 Hearts) will play the leader of the group, while Kang Ye-won (Quick) plays the second in command, with Brown Eyed Girls pop star Ga-in filling out the trio as the youngest. The plot centers around the three strong ladies who fight baddies seeking to overthrow the monarchy and seize power. Directing would be Park Je-hyun.