- Jung Kyung Ho (Smile, You) to return from military service in early September. YAY!
- Lee Jong-seok (High Kick 3) has been cast in a short Drama Special episode called When I Was Prettiest. He’ll be playing a campus heartthrob and engineering major who captures the fancies of all the girls. When his girlfriend falls ill, he nurses her… but meets a new girl, and falls in love. When I Was Prettiest airs on August 26.
- Ryu Soo-young (Ojagkyo Brothers) has been cast in the upcoming drama Rascal Sons as the second brother of three sons. In this drama, he’s taking on the role of a martial-arts-fantasy novelist with a creative soul and a free spirit, in his early-thirties. He doesn’t care about what others thing of him. He also falls in love with his friend’s girlfriend, which, uh-oh. The friend will be played by Kim Young-hoon (Bridal Mask).
- Park Yoochun, who has been offered the lead in a new project, a conventional melodrama called I Miss You (or more literally, I Want to See You). The story centers on a first love at fifteen, that gets torn apart and leaves both parties carrying the deep scars. They meet again as adults and then comes the angst. I Miss You follows Arang and the Magistrate (Wednesday-Thursday) on MBC, so we’re looking at a late October premiere.
- Upcoming weekend drama My Daughter So-young originally cast Choi Jung-won and Kim Ji-hoon in the lead roles, but both actors dropped the project, reportedly due to scheduling conflicts. The titular role of daughter So-young will now be played by Lee Bo-young (Equator Man), and her twin brother will be played by Park Hae-jin (East of Eden). My Daughter So-young follows You Who Rolled in Unexpectedly and premieres September 15 on KBS.
- KBS is preparing a new rom-com drama series, Oohlala Spouses to be headlined by Kim Jung-eun (I Am Legend) and Shin Hyun-joon (Gaksitaaaaaal). Shin Hyun-joon plays the patriarchy-minded husband, a hotelier, while wifey Kim Jung-eun is your typical Korean ajumma. The two awake one morning to find their souls in new shells. Oh, this oughtta be good. Oohlala Spouses will follow Haeundae Lovers on Mondays and Tuesdays, and is looking at an October premiere.
- Moon Geun Young (Mary Stayed Out All Night) has just confirmed her onscreen return in the SBS weekend drama Cheongdamndong Alice, and her rumored co-star Park Shi Hoo (Princess’ Man) has also confirmed.
- Jung Ryeo-won (History of a Salaryman) is currently in talks to possibly star in her first project since signing with agency Keyeast, King of Dramas, starring Kim Myung-min as well. It’s a drama about drama production, but with a little less drama and a lot more funny. Jung Ryeo-won is up for the heroine, drama writer Lee Go-eun, who’s a 27-year old writer who’s very green and still holds on to the idealistic belief that dramas should be about the humanity. She’s also got a sticky past with the CEO–she was once duped by him into betraying her mentor, and took the fall for the incident that left her disgraced and unable to find work. King of Dramas is set to follow Faith on Monday-Tuesday and premieres in November on SBS.
- A Werewolf Boy starring Song Joong Ki and Park Bo Young has recently released their trailer.
- Han Ye-seul (Myung-wol the Spy) plans to return in a new project upcoming film The Dog, opposite Uhm Tae-woong. She will play a scientist intent on tracking down this alien dog species.