Uhm Tae-woong and Yoon Hye-jin‘s wedding took place in Seoul last January 9, and was attended by a whole who’s who of drama and varietyland stars, including the whole cast of 1N2D.
- PD Ahn Pan-seok who had great success with the smart, acclaimed medical drama White Tower and A Wife’s Credentials, is returning with a new medical drama for JTBC. It is titled End of the World, which refers to the physical world rather than doomsday. It’s about a mysterious epidemic that strikes, and the doctors who are at the center of the medical maelstrom. They’ve already cast the leading man, Yoon Jae-moon (The King 2 Hearts), who is a veteran of film and television, although this is his first drama lead. He plays the the chief of epidemiological investigation at the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Formerly an officer in the military police, Yoon Jae-moon’s character loses his beloved to the new virus, kicking off his hunt to identify and deal with the disease. End of the World is set to air in February.
- The leads from KBS’s weekend sageuk drama King’s Dream has had several accidents over the course of filming. Lead actress Park Joo-mi’s health worsened and she was replaced by actress Hong Eun-hee. Meanwhile lead actor Choi Su-jong underwent seven-hour surgery for his broken collarbone and fingers. Choi Su-jong still insisted on coming back to work despite doctors advising him to take much more time off. To avoid further postponements and missed broadcasts, KBS and producers have finally decided that for the next three weeks, Choi Su-jong will continue to act for the drama, but only with his voice. He will not film any scenes, and will only voice-over scenes. Scripts are heading into major revisions, to cut his character out of as many scenes as possible.
- The preempted dramas have finalized their broadcasting schedules. For MBC’s Wednesday-Thursday melodrama I Miss You originally planning to end with 20 episodes and a special but has decided to add an episode instead. Meanwhile, KBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama School 2013 is also one episode off its count, and on the current schedule would end at 16 episodes on January 28. KBS and the producers are considering everything from a special to a 1-episode extension, to even 3 episodes as a possibility.
- Underdog success story Ad Genius Lee Tae-baek confirms the leads Jin Gu (26 Years) and Park Ha-sun (High Kick 3). Han Chae-young (A Man Called God) has also joined the cast, along with cuddly ajusshi Go Chang-seok (Gone With the Wind). It will be helmed by a relatively new team, with a head writer and PD who have only been secondaries on other dramas and films. The drama promises to be a warm uplifting success story about Lee Tae-baek, a man who comes to Seoul from the country with nothing but a high school diploma and a dream. He’ll go from handing out ads in the streets to fulfilling his dream as an art director and ad man.
- Park Ha-sun plays the heroine, Baek Ji-yoon, a copywriter intern at the ad company that’ll be at the center of the story. She’s sincere and hardworking, and her journey will parallel the hero’s as they fight for their jobs every step of the way. Han Chae-young plays Go Ari, an executive at the company who sacrificed her past and her love to get to the top, and is described as a harsh realist. Go Chang-seok plays the CEO of a tiny ad company, described as a corner store compared to the giant conglomerates. He’ll be a key player in changing Lee Tae-baek’s fate. Ad Genius Lee Tae-baek follows School 2013..
- The drama of the team behind Queen In-hyun’s Man is not called Court Lady, but Nine: Nine Time Travels instead. Lee Jin-wook (I Need Romance 2012) and Jo Yoon-hee (You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly) have signed on. Joining them are Jeon No-min (Gaksital) and ZE:A’s Park Hyung-shik (Sirius). Nine is also a time-traveling fantasy drama but with a totally different concept. This time the hero gets his hands on nine doses of a mysterious potion that allows him to travel back 20 years in time. The drama depicts the hero’s actions in the past to have consequences in the “present” day timeline, all while knowing from the start that he’s limited to nine trips back in time. Furthermore, Lee Jin-wook and Jo Yoon-hee both exist in the same timeline as co-workers at a broadcast station. Jeon No-min will play the hero’s older brother, and holds the key to solving a mystery. Park Hyung-shik has been cast to play the past Lee Jin-wook. Nine is slated for 20 episodes and will be a Monday-Tuesday drama on tvN, following Flower Boy Next Door.
- Go Hyun-jung (Queen Seon-deok) is reportedly in talks to star as a teacher in the new drama Queen’s Class. This will air Wednesdays/Thursdays starting in June, and will be helmed by PD Lee Dong-yoon of Feast of the Gods. It’ll be a remake of a Japanese drama of the same name, about a cold and self-righteous teacher who takes a new position at an elementary school.
- Lee Yeon-hee (Ghost) is possibly joining the cast of the fantasy sageuk Gu Family Book extended guest cameo of sorts, lasting a few episodes tops. Gu Family Book follows Horse Healer and premieres in April on MBC.