Yoo Seung Ho quietly enlisted for his mandatory military service on March 5.
- Lee Chung-ah (Flower Boy Ramyun Shop) signed on to upcoming weekend family drama Wonderful Mama. She’ll play Jung Yumi’s best friend, who’s a doormat type that incites other people’s protective instincts. She’s a sweet, sincere girl who’s also a walking disaster. She’s disregarded by her husband, and constantly taken advantage of by others, but is lovable and childlike in her innocence. Wonderful Mama follows My Love Madame Butterfly and premieres in May.
- There have been rumors about Moon Geun-young (Alice in Cheongdam-dong) taking on the new MBC 32-episode sageuk Goddess of Fire Jung-yi. The historical drama will be helmed by the PD of Heading to the Ground and the writer of Warrior Baek Dong-soo. It will be based on the life of ceramic artist Baek Pa-sun, who was the first female potter in Joseon. Baek Pa-sun was uprooted and forced to continue her craft for the Japanese. Goddess of Fire Jung-yi will follow Gu Family Book and premieres in June on MBC.
- Sunday variety show 1 Night 2 Days updates: Kim Seung-woo and head producer Choi Jae-young (Bird PD) have confirmed that they are leaving the show but the rest of the boys are staying. The search is on for new members to join. Bird PD’s replacement, PD Lee Sae-hee (Hello, Yoo Hee-yeol’s Sketchbook) has announced that they’re looking at some possible comedians. Rumors are that Kim Joon-hyun, Heo Kyung-hwan , and Jung Tae-ho all from the variety show The Human Condition, are contenders.
- Kim Nam-gil (Bad Guy) and Sohn Ye-jin (Personal Taste) are being casted for the new KBS revenge drama Shark. It’s the latest project from the writer-director team behind Mawang (Devil), Resurrection. Shark will be the final installment of the Resurrection/Devil trilogy. It’s slated to follow God of the Workplace.
- Lee Chung-ah (Flower Boy Ramyun Shop) also joined the cast of the Kim Sun-ah movie The Five, which is shooting now, but won’t hit theaters for a while.