LOTS OF NEWS THIS WEEK!
The Western Police Station have finally concluded their investigation on the Park Shi Hoo rape case. He will be recommended for indictment in the prosecutor’s office.
- Park Shin Hye (Flower Boy Next Door) was in talks for KBS’s Sword and Flower. It’s a saeguk set in the Gorguryeo dynasty about a princess who falls in love with her father’s assassin. Rumor has it that Song Joong Ki (Nice Guy) is considering the other leading role. This will follow Mandate of Heaven.
- The new medical series tentatively titled Top Medical Team, which tackle the fields of cardiothoracic surgery, internal medicine, general surgery,and anesthesiology. This is a buzz to this project, because of the involvement of PD Kim Do-hoon (The Moon That Embraces the Sun), who’s teaming with writer Yoon Kyung-ah (Brain). Top Medical Team is courting a Wednesday-Thursday timeslot later this fall on MBC. It plans to begin courting a cast once initial scripts are completed in April or May. Although it’s possible that Kim Soo Hyun (The Moon That Embraces the Sun) might take on this project seeing how he’s been spotted at pediatric clinic.
- The Queen’s Classroom secured two big child actor names in Kim Sae-ron (Neighbor) and Seo Shin-ae (Incarnation of Money) who will star as students to Go Hyun-jung’s cold homeroom teacher. The show is a remake of the Japanese drama Jyoou no Kyoushitsu. At the helm is the PD of Feast of the Gods.The Queen’s Classroom is set to air on Wednesdays/Thursdays in June on MBC.
- Jung Yong Hwa (You’ve Fallen for Me) is reportedly in talks to join Lee Min Ho in Heirs. Later in the week, Park Shin Hye (Flower Boy Next Door) confirmed for this drama as well. It seems like KBS and SBS are both contending to get her for their respective dramas. Heirs is a college campus drama with four leading men and four leading ladies. While this is a college-setting, there will be an older woman teacher who’ll take interest in Lee Min Ho.
- Lee Jong-hyuk (A Gentleman’s Dignity) is headlining the fourth installment of the tvN’s Oh Boy series, Cyrano Dating Agency, which is a movie that Uhm Tae-woong starred in. The drama will be based on a webtoon that’s the prequel to the movie, so basically it’s about the origin of the dating agency. Lee Jong-hyuk stars as the hero, Seo Byung-hoon, who puts his skills as a masterful play producer to use in creating this bizarre dating agency that orchestrates romantic scenarios for paying clients, all in an effort to raise enough money to save an old theater. Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung (Third Ward) has been cast as one of the members of the dating agency, Gong Min-young while Lee Chun-hee (Thousandth Man) will play a new character, a man with a mysterious past and the chef of the restaurant that’s next door to the theater where the dating agency is housed. This will be a 16-episode rom-com, from the director of Happy Ending or Die, and one of the writers of Tamra The Island. Cyrano Dating Agency follows current Monday-Tuesday drama Nine and premieres in May.
- Star MC Kang Ho-dong finally got a title and a cast confirmed for his new SBS show in the timeslot after Running Man. It’s called Barefoot Friends, which is composed of: Yoon Jong-shin (Hwashin), and Yoo Se-yoon (Knee Drop Guru); singers/idols Eunhyuk (Strong Heart), Kim Hyun-joong (Playful Kiss), UEE (Jeon Woo-chi), Kim Bum-soo, and actor Yoon Shi-yoon (Flower Boy Next Door). The exciting team-up is being helmed by the PD of bygone hit variety show Family Outing. Barefoot Friends premieres April 21 on SBS.
- Yeo Jin Goo and Kim So-hyun will romancing each other for third time in new high school romance drama called Could We Love?. They’ll be the main characters the whole way through. Yeo Jin Goo plays a rebellious teenage delinquent, while Kim So-hyun is the girl with a one-sided crush on our hero. Could We Love? is another collaboration between the PD and writer of Dr. Champ and Scent of a Woman. It’s set to air after Wednesday-Thursday drama All About My Romance, for a June premiere.
- Aging Family is the new family comedy from director Song Hae-sung (A Better Tomorrow, Maundy Thursday) is about three grown-up kids who are each a wreck in some way, suddenly having to move back in with Mom all at the same time. Gong Hyo-jin (Love Fiction) is the maknae, a 35-year old “Expert in Marriage Transfers.” Park Hae-il (Eungyo) is second oppa, a 40-year old failed movie producer. His character description is just “Gave Up on Life.” Yoon Je-moon (The End of the World) is the first oppa, 44-year old “General Crisis.” There’s also 69-year old Mom (Yoon Yeo-jung) and a 15-year old niece (Jin Ji-hee). Aging Family hits theaters in May.
- Night Before the Wedding has casted Lee Yeon-hee (Ghost), Joo Ji-hoon (Five Fingers), Kim Kang-woo (Haeundae Lovers), and Taecyeon (Dream High). Other actors in final stages of negotiations include Go Jun-hee (The Chaser), Lee Hee-joon (Jeon Woo-chi), and Ma Dong-seok (Shut Up: Flower Boy Band). No word on plot specifics or how our couples will be arranged yet. Night Before the Wedding plans to begin filming toward the end of April.
- Park Shin-hye and Yoon Kye-sang have teamed up with director Kim Ji-woon (I Saw the Devil) for a short film called Rock Paper Scissors of Love, which is part 2 of a series for outdoor wear brand Kolon Sport, called “Way to Nature Film Project.” Yoon Kye-sang portrays a man so clueless in dating that he has a 100% rejection rate. Park Su-jin plays a woman he gets set up with on a blind date, but then he’ll meet the woman of his dreams in Park Shin-hye. Rock Paper Scissors of Love will be released online at Kolon Sport in April.
- Kim Myung-min (King of Dramas) is positively considering a new movie project titled Himalaya. The project comes from JK Film, and is based on the true story of mountain-climber Uhm Hong-gil, who participated in a 2005 expedition to climb Mount Everest. During the climb his teammate and hoobae, Park Mu-taek, perished in an accident; the film will follow our main character as he risks his life to bring his teammate’s body back. Himalaya plans to begin filming in September.