Lee Ki Woo and Lee Chung Ah from Flower Boy Ramyun Shop are currently dating. They got close after being together in the same celebrity ski team. The two made it official early this year.
- So Ji Sub (Ghost) and Gong Hyo Jin (Best Love) are cast in upcoming Hong Sister’s scary romantic comedy tentatively called The Sun of My Master due this summer in SBS. It’s about is about a woman who can see ghosts and the man who protects her. This pair of Hong Sisters have written last year’s Big.
- KBS’s revenge thriller Shark has confirmed its secondary leads, which we have in Ha Suk-jin (Childless Good Fortune) and Honey Lee (Pasta). Ha Suk-jin will play Sohn Ye-jin’s fiancé and prime rival to Kim Nam-gil. Honey Lee plays his secretary. Joining them as supporting actors are Lee Shi-un (Answer Me, 1997) as a guy who lacks smooth verbal skills and Park Won-sang (Hero) as a detective in the violent crimes unit. Shark will follow God of the Workplace as a Monday-Tuesday drama premiering on May 27.
- Lee Sang Yoon (My Daughter So Young) is cast one of the two male leads for MBC sageuk drama Goddess of Fire Jeongi. He plays Gwanghae, the ruler of Joeson interested in arts and admires Jeongi’s talent. Goddess of Fire is looking at the post-Gu Family Book timeslot on MBC.
- Joining tvN’s new romantic comedy series Flower Boy Dating Agency are Hong Jong-hyun (Jeon Woo-chi), and Jo Yoon-woo (Flower Boy Ramyun Shop). Hong Jong-hyun’s character is recruited into the dating agency because of his genius engineering skills. He’ll be the brains behind all hi-tech gadgets used by the agency. Jo Yoon-woo plays a 19-year-old high schooler who dreams of becoming a theater actor. The drama will follow tvN’s current Monday-Tuesday drama Nine. It premieres in May.
- SBS is courting Go Soo (Will It Snow For Christmas?) for upcoming 30-episode period drama Golden Empire, slated to air after Jang Ok-Jung. It’s set in 90’s and deals with a turbulent time in Korean modernization and surrounds the metaphorical battle for a family empire when the financial crisis strikes a chaebol group. The rumored leading lady is either Han Ji Min or Lee Yo Won. The PD and writer of Chaser will reunite for this project.
- Uhm Tae-woong drops Yi Sun-shin, considers Sword and Flower favorably since the production stalled in development. The heroine, the daughter of King Yeong-ryu, falls in love with the illegitimate son of the military dictator, Yeon Gae So Mun, who overthrew the throne and killed the king. He’ll be teaming back up with PD Kim Yong-soo, of Equator Man. Writing is Kwon Min-soo of Mom Is Pretty Too. Sword and Flower will follow Mandate of Heaven and premieres in July on KBS.
- Lee Jun-ki (Arang and the Magistrate) is considering a new romantic noir, Inspiring Generation set in the 1930s, during the Japanese Occupation years. It has a lot of action and fighting amidst the backdrop of Shanghai. It will be based on a manhwa from the writer of Damo. The hero Shin Jung Tae has a goofy and carefree demeanor but actually deeply loves his country and family. He tries to liberate the Koreans from Japanese colonialism in Shanghai. Lee Jun-ki’s reps have confirmed that he has received the offer but has not yet decided on it. The show hasn’t yet secured a broadcast slot, which probably contributes to his hesitation. Directing the project is PD Kim Jung-kyu (Immortal Lee Soon-shin). Inspiring Generation is in talks with KBS to potentially air in September.
- SBS weekend series, Goddess of Marriage will be headlined by Kim Ji-hoon (Flower Boy Next Door), Nam Sang-mi (Light and Shadow), and Lee Sang-woo (Thousand Day Promise). The story explores the meaning of marriage through the storyline of its lead, a radio writer played by Nam Sang-mi. She dreams of a sweet, pure love and falls into a love triangle with our two men, with the ensuing romance looking at the reality of love versus the ideal. Goddess of Marriage comes from the PD of Brilliant Legacy and will follow the upcoming series Birth Secret, which places its premiere all the way in July. It plans to begin filming at the end of April though.
- The production team behind Tazza 2 is reportedly courting Song Joong-ki (Nice Guy, Wolf Boy) to be the leading man. The film will be directed by Kang Hyung-chul (Sunny, Speed Scandal). Song Joong-ki is closing in on his final year before army duty, so there’s some pressure to pick a good project. Tazza 2 is planning for a September release.
- Santa Barbara, a new romantic melo film has just cast its leads and is gearing up to start shooting. Lee Sang-yoon (My Daughter So-young) has been tapped to play the male lead, a music director who’s utterly passionate about his work. Yoon Jin-seo (Twelve Men in a Year) is will play a sharp, confident, and smart ad exec. The plot unfolds as the two are sent to Santa Barbara in California on a collaborative work project, and they fall in love. Santa Barbara will begin filming at the end of April, and will head to Santa Barbara for location shoots.