- Jo In-sung (That Winter, the Wind Blows) and Kim Min-hee (Temperature of Love) admitted that they’re dating. They began dating sometime in January, when Jo In Sung’s friend Kim C and Kim Min Hee’s stylist brought the two together out for drinks. The relationship is still in its early stages.
- Reportedly, they’ve been unable to date much with him doing his drama and her tied up with movie work.
- Baek Ji Young and Jung Suk Won are getting married! Amidst rumors of them breaking up, they finally announced that after two years of courtship, they’re getting married in mid-June.
- SBS shelves Could We Love? for I Hear Your Voice, which is courting Kim Jae-won (May Queen) and Lee Bo-young (My Daughter Seo-young). Apparently Kim Jaw Won rejected the offer later in the week and the role will be going to Yoon Sang Hyun (Can’t Lose). He plays a law colleague from the same agency as Lee Bo Young. At the onset of the drama, they are already dating. Also joining the cast is Lee Jong Seok (School 2013) who plays a 19 year old with the ability to hear what people are thinking. He shakes up the office and changes Lee Bo Young’s approach with work. The drama is about a lawyer who is appointed by the state to represent a defendant who has not even a 1% chance of being declared innocent and allows them to be heard. It’ll be written by Park Hye-ryun of Dream High. The drama will be airing after current Wednesday-Thursday drama All About My Romance and it’ll premiere in June.
- Answer Me 1997′s sequel project is finally starting to cast. Sung Dong-il and Lee Il-hwa are being courted to return to the franchise and steer a brand new family through the murky waters of adolescence. The follow-up drama will be set in 1994, with a focus on the basketball craze of the era. It’s being called both Answer Me 1994 and Basketball Extravaganza, but either way it’ll have a similar setup with a family and a bustling cast of youngsters at the core. Answer Me 1994 is gearing up for a September premiere on tvN.
- It has been confirmed that Running Man‘s Lee Kwang Soo will appear in Moon Geun Young’s new historical drama, The Goddess of Fire, Jeongi as the older brother of Gwanghae Gun. Meanwhile, Kim Bum is still in talks on whether or not he will appear in the drama as well. His role is King Injo, a renowned good looking, martial arts trained and considerate man.
- Casting continues on KBS’s Sword and Flower, with Park Su-jin( Flower Boy Next Door) being the first to confirm. Her role is described as a leading one, it isn’t the heroine and Juliet figure in the main romance. She’ll still have some sort of loveline with our hero. Kim Ok-bin (The Front Line) is the other actress being courted, and her reps are taking a much more careful stance in saying that this is just one of several projects she’s considering. Sword and Flower will take up the Wednesday-Thursday timeslot after Mandate of Heaven. It’ll premiere in July.
- International Market scored Hwang Jung-min (Fist of Legend) and Kim Yun-jin (Neighbors) to star. They’ll play a married couple that we’ll watch go from their twenties into their seventies.They start out as two young sweethearts who get married at a young age. Oh Dal-soo (The Gift of Room 7) co-stars as Hwang Jung-min’s best friend. We’ll see the couple age as we catch up to the present day, and in the process watch the economy change with the tide. Director Yoon Je-kyun (Haeundae Lovers) is at the helm. International Market is planning for a release later this year.
- Kim Myung Min is starring as a homicide detective who gets pregnant and carries a baby to full term in the name of research in the film called Labor Summons. It’s a remake of the 1994 film Junior with Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenneger.