- SBS’s new drama Empire of Gold recently casted Lee Hyun-jin (Operation Proposal), who will play the youngest son of Sungjin Group, whose dream is to become an economist. Also joining is Yoon Seung-ah who will play Go Soo’s younger sister. Empire of Gold has announced that it will run for 24 episodes instead. The drama premieres on July 1.
- After Jung Yong-hwa dropped out of upcoming buzz drama Heirs due to conflict of opinion with the producers. Meanwhile Choi Jin-hyuk (Gu Family Book) is currently up for the role of Lee Min Ho’s older brother.
- As Choi Jin-hyuk ponders over whether or not he’ll be joining Heirs this fall, he’s got one gig lined up for sure in the meantime. He’s been confirmed to make a reappearance in Gu Family Book as Wol-ryung. The production has confirmed that he’s poised to pop up in the story around Episode 12 or 13, based on the latest scripts.
- Park Gun Hyung (I Do, I Do) joins the cast of Goddess of Fire Jeongi as Moon Geun Young’s competitor. He is a talented successor to a known pottery-making family.
- Hyun Bin’s first post-army project will be his first sageuk, a film called The King’s Wrath. He’ll be playing a young King Jeong-jo, who comes into power at the height of political discord between Noron and Soron factions. He’ll have to protect the throne in the midst of the Noron/Soron battle for power. Directing is PD Lee Jae-kyu (The King 2 Hearts). The King’s Wrath is aiming for a 2014 premiere.
- Jang Dong-gun (A Gentleman’s Dignity) teams up with director Lee Jung-bum (The Man From Nowhere) for action thriller Crying Man. It stars Jang Dong-gun as a killer falling in love. Crying Man is still casting, and plans to start shooting later this year.
- Park Bo-young(Werewolf Boy) and idol-actress Gu Hara (City Hunter) are both up for a new movie, roughly translated Hot Blooded Youth. The movie is described as a coming-of-age story showing the “laughter, emotions, and conflicts” of the early eighties generation. The story deals with high schoolers where Park Bo-young is up to play the leader of the mean girls at school. Hot Blooded Youth will be directed by Lee Yeon-woo of 2009′s Running Turtle.
- Romantic comedy film My 7th Man stars Song Sae-byuk (Dangerous Meeting) and Kang Ye-won (Fortunetellers) It is about a woman who has failed at six relationships and decides that she’s going to do whatever it takes to make this seventh one stick, come hell or high water. Song Sae-byuk plays an ordinary salaryman who has no interest in marriage. He meets the heroine by chance one day and they embark on a relationship with two very different goals in mind.But then the story takes a turn when she begins to question his faithfulness to her, and decides to have him followed. Only what she discovers isn’t that he’s cheating on her, but something far creepier. At the helm is the director of Shut Up: Flower Boy Band. My 7th Man starts shooting in May for a release later this year.