- Kim Ji Won (To the Beautiful You), Im Joo Eun (Arang and the Magistrate), and Kang Min Hyuk (You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly) complete the main cast of Heirs, which follows The Master’s Sun. Joo Eun plays a teacher at Empire High School.
- PD Kim Kyu-tae‘s (That Winter, The Wind Blows) next project is a five-episode romantic melodrama titled Secret Love. It will feature five separate segments told in a fairytale-like manner with each part exploring a separate emotion-filled love story. One of those parts is titled “I Miss You” stars Yeon Woo-jin (When A Man Loves) as a photographer who’s an emotionally supportive boyfriend to Han Seung-yeon (Jang Ok Jung) as the two are featured in a “heartbreaking love story” with a time travel theme.
- Kim Yoo-jung (The Moon That Embraces the Sun) will be working with the production team in May Queen again for her next drama, titled Gold Rainbow. The drama centers around seven orphans who are closer and more tightly bonded than blood siblings. She will play the eldest sister who feels burdened by not knowing who her parents are. The childhood portion will span 10 episodes. Gold Rainbow will replace Scandal. It plans to begin filming in September and will premiere in November.
- Jung Yong-hwa (Heartstrings) is reportedly considering Future Choice, which is another time-slip drama set in the broadcast television world. Jung Yong-hwa would play the handsome and talented PD who is the son of a network CEO, who falls in love with the heroine. The heroine is an ordinary employee who dreams of becoming a broadcast writer, meets her past self and starts giving herself life advice. Hong Jin-ah (The King 2 Hearts) will be penning this. Future Choice will be a Monday-Tuesday drama on KBS to follow Good Doctor, which puts its premiere in October.
- Hit drama I Hear Your Voice has confirmed a two-episode extension. Several stars will be swinging by for a cameo such as Kim Min-jong (A Gentleman’s Dignity) and Eom Ki-joon (The Virus). I Hear Your Voice now ends on August 1, while Master’s Sun will premiere August 7.
- Upcoming drama Medical Top Team have extended the offer for leading lady to Lee Min-jung. She has confirmed receiving the offer, and is currently positively considering the drama. Medical Top Team will follow Two Weeks and will premiere in October.
- Ji Sung (The Great Seer) is being courted to star in Secret as a second-generation chaebol who doesn’t believe in people or in love and has a cold personality. He later meets the heroine, who will change him for the better. The series is being directed by the PD of both Dream Highs and is written by a new writer who won a KBS miniseries screenwriting contest with this script. The premise is still pretty vague, but the story will center around four main characters and follow their intense and fiercely competitive love story. Secret follows Sword and Flower and premieres in September on KBS.
The new Goryeo-era martial arts film Gallant Woman: Memory of the Sword comes from PD Park Heung-shik (Heaven’s Kids). It starts out with Jeon Do-yeon (Countdown) and Lee Byung-heon (Gwanghae) as part of a trio of the best warriors in the country. But Lee Byung-heon betrays them, kills the third member, and sets out on an ambitious path to become king. Jeon Do-yeon takes on the role of mother and teacher, and raises the daughter of the friend who died to become a weapon of revenge. The daughter will be played by Kim Go-eun (Eungyo). Eighteen years later, the mother and daughter pair will set out to enact their revenge, just as Lee Byung-heon is amassing the power to make a play for the throne. The film is planning on a 2014 release.