- Song Joong Ki received his conscription papers for the military and is set to do the basic training by August 27. He will drop Sea Fog because of this.
- Jung Kyung Ho (Heartless City) has a herniated disc, which damaged a layer in the spinal cord causing intense pain and discomfort. He got the injury while filming the action scenes, he’s been taking pain killers to finish filming. His agency announced that he will drop all latter-half activities to give time to heal. He wants to heal in rehab rather than get a possible surgery.
- Longtime couple Lee Bo Young and Ji Sung are getting married on September 27 at the W Seoul Walkerhill Hotel. Both made the announcement at the same via a handwritten letter to their fans posted on their respective fan site.
- Oh Ji-ho (God of the Workplace) is set to headline mystery thriller Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-yong. He plays titular Yoon Cheo-yong, who has been able to see ghosts since birth. Once the ace of the violent crimes unit, seven years ago a traumatic incident that caused him to quit. Now he works as a lonely district cop starved for love. Then one day, he accidentally talks back to the ghost of a high school girl, and things get complicated. The show follows Cheo-yong as he works with his dogged detective partner and that ghost girl to solve mysterious cases. The series will be directed by Im Chan-ik (Arrest King) and written by Hong Seung-hyun (Joseon X-Files). Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-yong will begin shooting in mid-August, and will be OCN’s Sunday-night drama beginning October 6.
- MBC is reportedly in talks with production company Group 8 to air Jang Geun Seok’s Beautiful Man. They plan to air it after Top Medical Team in December.
- We’ve got more additions to Top Medical Team with Min-ho (To The Beautiful You), Alex (Smile Donghae, Pasta) and Lee Hee-jin (Monstar, Best Love) signing on. Min Ho will play the team’s maknae. He’s a third-year resident in thoracic surgery with no caveats and hidden agendas. He’ll have a one-sided crush on Oh Yeon-seo’s character, and be her guardian angel. He’s described as well-mannered and quick on the uptake. Alex will join the staff as a doctor specializing in imaging, who also considers himself the right-hand man to Ahn Nae-sang’s Chief of Surgery. He is famous for his sweet bedside manner, but he’s also extremely ambitious and competitive. Lee Hee-jin will play an experienced surgical nurse, who’s meticulous by nature. She doesn’t stand for mistakes and is quite sociable that she manages to singlehandedly sways popular opinion around the hospital. She’ll develop a particularly compatible working relationship with Kwon Sang-woo. Medical Top Team follows Two Weeks and premieres in October.
- Kim Soo-hyun (Childless Good Fortune) will be penning weekend drama titled Thrice Married Woman. The main story will center around a mother and her two daughters. The elder sister will be played by Eom Ji-won (Sign), while the younger sister by Han Ga-in (The Moon That Embraces the Sun). Thrice Married Woman will follow SBS’s current weekend drama Goddess of Marriage, premiering in November.
- Choi Ji-woo will headline a remake of a popular Japanese drama Kaseifu no Mita titled Suspicious Housekeeper. Choi Ji-woo will play Park Bok-nyeo, a housekeeper shrouded in mystery who comes to work for a family when their mother dies. Unsmiling and unexpressive, Bok-nyeo guides the family into healing their wounds and rebuilding bonds. This project will be directed by PD Kim Hyung-shik (Sign, Ghost). Suspicious Housekeeper will follow Empire of Gold and premieres on September 23 in SBS.
- Bae Soo Bin (49 Days) and Lee Da Hee (I Hear Your Voice) are rumored to complete the quadrangle for Secret.
- Han Ji Min (Rooftop Prince) in talks to join The King’s Wrath as King Jeongjo’s woman. Filming begins on Fall and this aims for a 2014 premiere.
- Crying Man finally casted their heroine in Im Soo-jung (All About My Wife). The film is described as a noir romance with lots action. Jang Dong-gun stars as a killer who ends up falling in love with his mark, played by Im Soo-jung. Once casting is finalized, Crying Man starts shooting in September.