Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung‘s wedding was a star-studded event with over 900 guests in attendance.
- Namgoong Min (Gu Am Heo Jun) and Lee Young-ah (Vampire Prosecutor) headline cable network E Channel’s original drama called Unemployed Romance. It about a bright relatable story about a woman who dreams of being a writer but lives off of unemployment checks. It’s at the unemployment benefits office where she runs into her first love from college. The chance meeting at the unemployment office brings her back into his life, and then she starts to mess things up for him again. Unemployed Romance will air on Saturday nights and premieres October 5.
- Beating Hearts has now also added Jeon Hye-bin (God of the Workplace) and Choi Woo-shik (Rooftop Prince). The show is currently only slated for a pilot run on SBS with two episodes scheduled to air in early September, so we’ll have to wait and see if it’ll be enough of a success to merit a full-fledged run.
- Yoon Eun Hye (I Miss You) and Lee Dong Gun (When Night Comes) are positively reviewing Future Choice. Yoon is slated to play the television drama writer while Lee as a television announcer and MC. It’s written by Hong Jin Ah (The King 2 Hearts, Beethoven Virus) and directed by Kwon Gye Hong (Crime Squad). Future Choice is scheduled for an October premiere which takes over Good Doctor‘s time slot in KBS.
- Thrice Married Woman have courted Ha Suk-jin (Shark) and Song Chang-eui (The Great Seer) for the male leads. They’re also trying to get Song Ji-hyo (Mandate of Heaven) is being courted to replace Han Ga-in as the heroine and there’s the possible addition of Jo Han-seon (Invincible) to the cast. The new family weekend drama from hit writer Kim Soo-hyun (Childless Good Fortune) has been unofficially casting for a few weeks, complete with script reads with the maybe-cast, but hasn’t secured that much people yet. Thrice Married Woman follows Goddess of Marriage on SBS, which puts the premiere sometime in November.
- Jung So Min (Can’t We Get Married) changed agencies to SM C&C Entertainment and have rumors circulating that she would join Beautiful Man.
- Both Kim Soo-hyun and Jeon Ji-hyun confirm for Man From Another Star. The drama comes from the writer of the hit weekend drama You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly, and the PD of acclaimed sageuk Tree With Deep Roots. Kim Soo-hyun stars as an alien who lands in Joseon, and just lives there for the next 400 years until the present day. In the present day he meets Jeon Ji-hyun’s character, a top actress. Man From Another Star follows Heirs and premieres in December on SBS.
- Won Bin (Motther), Zhang Ziyi and Sol Kyung Go (Cold Eyes) has chosen to star in PD Lee Chang Dong (Poetry)’s movie about an on-the-run serial killer, a Chinese prostitute living in Korea, and a cop tracking the serial killers. Won Bin plays the serial killer. No word on the other actresses yet.
- Song Seung-heon is considering an erotic melodrama film called Human Addiction, with PD Kim Dae-woo (The Bang-ja Chronicles) at the helm. The story takes place in the 1960s and the main character is an upright respectable war hero. He’s a captain who comes back home from the front and then falls in love with the wife of a soldier who was under his command. Human Addiction starts shooting in October for a release next year.