- New weekend family drama Will You Love And Give It Away has cast Lee Sang-yeob (Jang Ok-jung) and Seo Ji-seok (High Kick 3) for the male leads. Lee Sang-yeob is plays a jobless loser, but he’s sincere when it comes to his feelings for Hong Soo Hyun. Meanwhile Seo Ji-seok will play restaurateur, a chef and a second-generation chaebol. He’s described as cheery and romantic. Also on board is Sin Da Eun who’s Seo Ji-seok’s younger sister and has a crush on Lee Sang-yeob. Will You Love And Give It Away premieres in September on MBC.
- Kang Eui Shik (Monstar) has been cast in JTBC’s 50-episode weekend drama The Eldest, which is the story of five siblings who lose their parents in the 1960s. He’ll be playing one of the siblings. It’s written by Kim Jung Soo (If Tomorrow Comes) and directed by Lee Kwan Hee (First Love Of A Royal Prince). The Eldest‘s first episode airs in September.
- Kim Jung-eun (Oohlala Spouses) The actress has been cast to headline a new series that’s being helmed by PD Lee Hyung-min (Habando). The PD and actress will be reuniting for their second series together, a conventional melodrama called Conditions of Love. They’re keeping mum about the plot entirely, so all we know is that it’s a melo. So, if all things go according to plan, Conditions of Love will air sometime this year, somewhere on television.
- UEE (Jeon Woo-chi ) is in talks to take on upcoming MBC series Gold Rainbow, which is written by the writer behind May Queen. The drama centers around seven orphans who grow up as a family, with Kim Sang-joong (The Chaser) to play the adoptive father. The role UEE is considering would be the eldest unni. Gold Rainbow is planning for a mid-November premiere on MBC.
- Lee Shi-young (Webtoon, Wild Romance) is reportedly considering joining the gambling movie God’s Play. If she signs on, Lee Shi-young would play a sexy femme fatale who’s also a master baduk player. God’s Play is scheduled to begin filming this month.
- Yoochun (I Miss You) will be joining Sea Fog as Song Joong-ki’s replacement. He stars opposite Kim Yoon-seok (Thieves) as the captain of a fishing vessel that smuggles illegally. The journey is perilous, the maritime police is on their tail, and the stowaways face suffocation, all while the crew is falling apart at the seams. Yoochun plays a member of the crew who faces off with the captain. The new project from blockbuster director Bong Joon-ho (Snowpiercer) will mark his debut as a producer, and will also be the directorial debut of Shim Sung-bo (Memories of Murder). Sea Fog starts shooting in October for a release next year.
- Big Bang idol TOP (IRIS) is lining up Tazza 2: The Hand of God, the sequel to the 2006 film. It will be directed by the original film’s director, Kang Hyung-chul (Sunny).
- Shin Mina (Arang and the Magistrate) and Park Hae-il(Aging Family) will be reuniting together with PD Jang Ryul (Dooman River) for the film Gyeongju. Park Hae-il stars as the main character whose old memories lead him back to Gyeongju. As he travels there he meets Shin Mina, a local shopkeeper who runs a teahouse, and they’ll share a love story during his journey. Shin MinGyeongju starts shooting next week for a release this winter.