- Prior to earlier news So Yi-hyun (Who Are You)’s casting as Jeon Ji Hyun’s rival and frenemy in Man From Another Star is not yet final. Her role is a Harvard graduate announcer from a family of prominent lawyers. She’s never lost first place a single day in her life when it came to her schoolwork, but she has one complex in life: being less pretty than Jeon Ji-hyun and losing her first love to him when they were teenagers. It sounds petty in a fun way, since I’m anticipating wacky alien rom-com hijinks, not dark backstabby rivalries. Yunho (Yawang ) is reportedly being courted to join as well. He is still considering the role of a second-generation chaebol who’s engaged to Jeon Ji Hyun’s character. He’ll be the main obstacle in the love triangle with Kim Soo-hyun. Man From Another Star follows Heirs in December.
- Lee Ji Ah (Me Too, Flower) is officially signing on to star in Thrice Married Woman. After going through a lengthy casting process with actresses, confirmations are in that Ha Suk-jin (Shark), Song Chang-eui (The Great Seer), Jo Han-seon (Invincible), and of course, Eom Ji-won (Childless Good Fortune). Although even before the cast was confirmed, it was announced that PD Jung Eul-young would be dropping the show. It’s reportedly for health reasons. He left the drama two weeks out from its first shoot. SBS’s programming producer Sohn Jung-hyun (All About My Romance) will take over the directing. Thrice Married Woman plans to follow Goddess of Marriage in November.
- Joo-won (Good Doctor) is quitting 1 Night 2 Days, and will be going on his last 1N2D trip next week. According to his reps, who confirmed that his schedule will be too busy to permit him to continue with the show. After Good Doctor wraps, he will be immediately begin rehearsals for his upcoming musical, Ghost, and also turning his attention to overseas promotional activities that he’s pushed back till now. KBS will not be looking to replace Joo-won though.
- The cast is now complete for the actress special of tvN’s hit travel variety show Grandpas Over Flowers. The trip will feature Lee Seung-gi, Yoon Yeo-jung (Queen’s Classroom), Kim Ja-ok (Can’t Lose), Kim Hee-ae (A Wife’s Credentials), and Lee Mi-yeon (Merchant Kim Man-deok). The details of the trip are still up in the air, but they’ll start shooting in mid-October and then leave for their ten-day backpacking trip in early November. The first episodes of the series will air by late November on tvN.
- Im Seul-ong (Mandate of Heaven) and Kim Seul-gi (Flower Boy Next Door) are headlining a popular webtoon adaptation called Infinite Power. It centers around a cast of young adults struggling to make it in the world. The original manhwa, written by Joo Ho-min and put out by Naver, features a cast of characters who set their sights on entering a highly competitive and prestigious corporation and work to beef up their résumés. Producing the series is Apollo Pictures, which produced 2011′s SBS drama Sign; it is directed by PD Park Chan-yool (Fermentation Family) and written by Lee Jae-yoon (Tamra the Island). The SNS drama will be launched in early November via social media outlets online, with two episodes released per week.
- Lee Soo-kyung (I Summon You Gold) and idol singer Yoon Doo-joon (IRIS 2) are in final negotiations for tvN drama titled Let’s Eat. The series will reteam the PD-writer pair behind tvN’s long-running series Rude Miss Young-ae. Lee Soo-kyung’s character will be a divorcee and that the plot will center around the search for hot restaurants. Let’s Eat (a working title) will air on Thursday nights beginning in November.
- Song Hye-gyo (That Winter, The Wind Blows) is being courted to star in the next project from director Lee Jae-yong of Actresses. This new film is called Dugeun-dugeun My Life (dugeun is the sound of heartbeats). It’s about a young boy with progeria, a genetic condition that causes rapid aging. It’ll be a family story about mom, dad, and the boy, and Song Hye-gyo is being courted to play mom, who will look younger than her own son. The movie is being produced by the production company of All About My Wife and Jeon Woo-chi. Once it’s done casting, the movie hopes to start shooting before the end of the year for a 2014 release.