Han Ye Seul (Myung-mol, the Spy) and YG Entertainment producer Teddy Park are dating.
Inspiring Generation has lost leading lady Kim So-eun and Jin Sae-yeon (Five Fingers) has been cast to replace her. Inspiring Generation is set to air 24 episodes on Wednesdays and Thursdays following Pretty Man in mid-January.
- Gong Yoo stars in With the Gods, based on a webtoon with the same name by Joo Ho-min. It is about the 49 days after a person dies, the end of which marks the day of judgment for the soul. The webtoon is described as a satire that moves freely from the land of the living to the afterlife, and explores both mortals and gods as characters whose fates intertwine. The webtoon is both sageuk and modern, and has sections devoted to this life, the afterlife, and the mythology of the gods. Director Kim Tae-yong (Late Autumn) decided to begin the series with a prequel instead, focusing on the grim reaper character who passes between both worlds to deliver souls. With the Gods (The Prequel) plans to start shooting early next year for a 2014 release.
- Jung Kyung-ho (Heartless City) cast in the thriller movie Manhole. The story revolves around about a serial killer who makes use of a manhole to kidnap and kill. Kim Sae-ron (Queen’s Classroom) gets kidnapped via the manhole, it’s unni Jung Yumi (Kkangchulie, I Need Romance 2012) who leaps through to save her. Director Shin Jae-young is an up-and-comer with a filmography mostly in short film, so it’s hard to say what his style is like, but it sounds like a pretty straightforward cat-and-mouse thriller. No word yet on when producers aim to release the movie.
- Sohn Ho-joon (Answer Me 1994) will be joining the action thriller film Big Match. He will play Lee Jung-jae’s fanboy who becomes his sidekick helper. Big Match starts shooting in December for a 2014 release.
- Park Ki-woong (Covertly, Grandly) is taking on his first zombie role in a 3-D omnibus film directed in three parts by Han Ji-seung (Papa), Ryu Seung-wan (The Berlin File), and Kim Tae-yong (Late Autumn). Park Ki-woong is starring in the section called I Saw You directed by Han Ji-seung. He plays the lead character who suddenly finds himself a zombie one day for unknown reasons. I Saw You starts shooting this December for a 2014 release.
- Rain (Runaway Plan B) is heading back to work with Hollywood movie called The Prince. He stars alongside Bruce Willis and John Cusack. The plot unfolds as a former mob enforcer (Jason Patric) finds himself confronting old enemies when his teenage daughter disappears and he returns to Las Vegas to try to find her. Bruce Willis takes the primary villain’s role as the guy who’s got an old score to settle with Patric, while John Cusack plays the hero’s friend and retired mob guy. Rain plays a character named Mark, but his role has not been described. Filming on The Prince begins next month in Alabama; the film aims to release in 2014.